Sat, 04 May|
Ultimate Victorian Adventure Ride
The ride will run from the most easterly point of Victoria in Mallacoota, on the beach, to the most north westerly point of Victoria over near Mildura on the Murray River. Covering the best sections of temperate rainforests, high country, snow fields, iconic valleys, goldfields, open plains, and des
Time & Location
04 May 2024, 6:00 pm – 10 May 2024, 4:00 pm
Mallacoota, 51/55 Maurice Ave, Mallacoota VIC 3892, Australia
About the Event
This is the Ultimate Victorian Adventure Ride. We’ve had this ride in the pipeline for a couple of years now and its epic. The ride will run from the most easterly point of Victoria in Mallacoota, on the beach, to the most north westerly point of Victoria over near Mildura on the Murray River. Covering the best sections of temperate rainforests, high country, snow fields, iconic valleys, goldfields, open plains, and deserts the state has to offer! This ride has it all in terms of riding terrain and conditions.
The bikes suitable for this ride are enduro bikes set up for light adventure riding with larger tanks (250 km range ideal) or adventure bikes with capable riders. This is a point to point ride so riders would have to get themselves to Mallacoota for the start and home from Mildura or see transport options below. This is not your average ride. This is a ride for adventurous intermediate to advanced riders with an average fitness level. Our extremely experienced support riders will safely and confidently get you through all sections (even if you haven’t ridden desert before).
So if you are up for a personal, physical and mental challenge that will push your skills over a week long period, this is the ride for you. Riders would need to be experienced and especially so if riding an adventure bike. The riding is all forestry roads and 4wd tracks and in the desert, deep sand tracks with a bitumen transit section connecting the mountains to the desert.
The event will kick off Saturday night at the Mallacoota pub, with registration and dinner. The ride itself will commence in Mallacoota on Sunday, May 5.
- Day 1 will take us through coastal forests in the morning and and up into the high county for the remainder of the day. We’ll be covering some awesome country including crossing the Snowy River at the stunning Mckillop Bridge with accommodation and dinner at the Karoonda Park lodge in Gelandtpiy that night.
- Day 2 will see us cover another big chuck of the high country, starting off with some remote 4wd tracks, then on though Benambra, Omeo and and over Mt Hotham and down to our stop for the night at the iconic Dargo Hotel.
- Day 3 will see us head through a full day of epic 4wd tracks, including the stunning Wonnangatta valley and the famous Craig’s hut to our stop for the night in Merrijig. These 3 days are a mix of gravel roads and 4wd tracks. We’ll be riding plenty of the rough high country tracks that the whole high country is famous for.
- Day 4 is a transit day of riding the road section on mostly highway (400kms) between the high country and the desert edge town of Rainbow where we’ll stay for the night. It’s all part of the adventure. We’ll make a day of it by stopping at a good lunch spot and checking out a few other sights on the way.
- Day 5 is a full day in the desert. We’ll ride from Rainbow to Pinnaroo just across the South Australian border.
- Day 6 is another full day in the desert from Pinnaroo to as far north west as we can get on the Murray River and then on to finish in up the ride in Mildura. The last 2 days are a mixture of deep sand tracks, whoop sections, and connecting hardpack tracks and roads.
Friday evening we will arrive in Mildura and part ways.
Included in the tour
- 6 nights of accomodation (a mixture of twin share or bunk style). Individual rooms can be arranged for an additional $100 per night however some of the places we stay have limited options so it’d be first in best dressed.
- Dinner and breakfast from Saturday night through to Friday morning
- Support vehicle to carry luggage
- Support riders
Riders will need to purchase their own fuel and lunches. We’ll be going though towns on most of the days around lunch time to facilitate this.
Riders will be thoroughly vetted to make sure they have the required off-road riding experience as this will be a big ride.
Some have asked about transport options. We have designed the ride to appeal to people who want to ride to the start and home from the finish point however we understand this isn’t ideal for everyone.
Transport to the start and back from the end is available at an extra cost. It would be from 2 set locations, a location in the Melbourne area or our regular base at Bairnsdale where vehicles and trailers can be left parked for the duration of the trip.
Transport from Bairnsdale to Mallacoota $200
Transport from Melbourne to Mallacoota $300
Transport back from Mildura to Melbourne or Bairnsdale $400
Tour price is $2700. A deposit will be taken when you hit the Register button with the remainder payable closer to the event.
This is the deposit amount. The remainder will be payable closer to the event .$250.00